Sunday, October 25, 2015

BOOK HAUL MAYHEM

Hello my fellow tsundoku friends!

Remember my post where I was so ecstatic when BBW announced that they are coming to Johor? Well, that was almost 5 months ago. This post is dedicated to show all of you my collective book haul; from May to October (including bbw haul!). Please be aware that you might have seizure or even hyperventilate when you see my hauls because money are being strewn like there is no end. There's this one quote that I preach in life;

                          "A reader can never have TOO MANY books" -Unknown

Lets get to the main purpose of this post. Grab some snacks because this is going to be a lengthy post. I am not writing this post to boast about my hauls. I just like to share about it with people because I love to see other people's bookhaul and who knows others are interested in mine.

MAY 2015

Early of May

There is this one app called carousell. For bookworms like me and probably you, finding good books with cheap prices in this app are like a jackpot. I SUGGEST YOU TO DOWNLOAD IT LIKE NOW! I bought 3 books from two carousellers. These are the books;

 1)Wonder by R.J. Palacio
2)Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
3)The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

End of May

On the first day of BBW, I was so excited to go to Danga City Mall because there is where this event took place. To be honest, I cant even concentrate in the classroom. Silly me. There was actually an activity in school but I skipped it JUST FOR THE SAKE OF THE BIGGEST BADDEST BOOK EVENT, BIG BAD WOLF. I think books can make me from being a sane person to someone who is nuts. I think I need a psycholgist or go to rehab, perhaps. Cheap books are like LIFE. Book expos are heaven on earth *duhh . I did go there for like , one, two, three, THREE times and the pics that I'm going to show you are the books that I managed to pick up when I went there.

These are the books;


1) 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
2)To Rise Again At a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris
3)Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
4)Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason
5)Chain Reaction by Simon Elkeles
6)Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
7)Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
8)The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
9)The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10)Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes 
11)To Rise Again At a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris
12)Great Expectation by Charles Dickens
13)Cress by Merissa Meyer

The reason I have two copies of To Rise Again At a Decent Hour is because I accidentally, not on purpose, thought that those books were in a series. Well, I clearly wasnt reading the title because when you're in an area full of books, common sense just dissapear into thin air. Silly? Indeed, I was.

Second pile of books from BBW;



1)The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
2)Babe in Boyland by John Gehrman
3)Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4)The Bro Code by Barney Stinson with Matt Kuhn
5)This Lovely Life by Vicki Forman
6)Fearless 3 by Francine Pascal
7)The Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes
8)Goddess (Book 3 in the Starcrossed Trilogy) by Josephine Angelini
9)World After (Book 2 in Penryn and The End of Days series) by Susan Ee
10)The Luminaries by Eleanor Canton
11)The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
12)So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish (Volume 4 in The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy) by Douglas Adams (Foreword by Neil Gaiman)
13)A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


Not to forget the books I hauled from BBW but were not featured in the photos above are;


                                        
1)Siege and Storm (Book 2 of The Grisha Trilogy) by Leigh Bardugo
2)Swimming Home by Deborah Levy
3) Requiem (Book 3 of Delirium Trilogy) by Lauren Oliver

Jun 2015

Early of June

I went to BBW and saw Mr.Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore but it wasnt in the edition that I wanted to buy. So, I went to debookroom.com (online bookshop) and bought the edition that I wanted which glows in the dark! Tested it and it worked.

Mr.Penumbra 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan


Mid-June

I bought three books again from Carousell. hehe.




These are the packages. Inside of these two packages are;



1)Throne of Glass (Book 1 of Throne of Glass Series) by Sarah J. Maas
2)Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake
3)Girl of Nightmares (Anna #2) by Kendare Blake



July 2015

Had some self-control in the month of July. No books were hauled :D


August 2015

Early of August and End of August

Remember the self-control I have had in the month of July? It went into the drain automatically in this month. I bought eight books. har-di-har-har




1)Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire (Book 2 and 3 in Throne of Glass Series) by Sarah J. Maas -    End of August Haul
3)The Vampire Academy Series (Book 1-6) by Richelle Mead - Early of August Haul

September 2015

The month where the Green Day guy decided to sleep for the whole month and I decided to splurge my money on books. Yeay me.

Early of September


1)Me and Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews

I knew about this book long before it was being adapted to a movie. I've been wanting this edition since I first saw it. I have never liked the other covers. So, when I found this on carousell, I knew I cannot let go of this chance. RM25 and its totally worth it.


2)Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
3)The Ask and The Answer


Bought these two from carousell for about RM20 including postage!




3)Seconds, a graphic novel by Bryan Lee O'Malley 

First discovered this graphic novel in booktube through one of Reagan from PeruseProject videos. It was an awesome read. The graphics are amazeballs.



Mid of September


4)Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix

Discovered this book through booktube too! It's like some kind of  ikea catalog parody. Themed Horror with a fuse of Zombies in it. How can a book with Zombies in Ikea-kind-of-warehouse can go wrong, right? or nah.


End of September


5) Angelfall (Book 1 in Penryn and The End of Days Trilogy) by Susan Ee



The Biggest Highlight for the Month of September is

"THE END OF SEPTEMBER GIGANTIC BOOK HAUL"

At first, my mother was reluctant to bring me to KL because its like 3 hours+ away from Johor. But, in the end, I got to coax her to bring me to KL! Yes, I went to the All RM5 Fiesta Popular Booksale which was held at Viva Home Expo Hall. I bought like 26 books. Yes, thats a large amount of books.
Here's the photo;


Embedded image permalink


1)A Working Theory of Love by Scott Hutchins
2)For One More Day by Mitch Albom
3)Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne
4)The Strange Things That Happened to Barnaby Brockett
5)Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
6)Anatomy of A Single Girl by Daria Snadowsky
7)Butter by Erin Jade Lange
8)The Shining Girl by Lauren Beukes
9 &10)Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) and The Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2) by Richelle Mead
11)Eona (Eon #2) by Alison Goodman
12)A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
13 & 14) Boxers and Saints, graphic novels by Gene Luen Yang
15 & 16) Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry #1) and Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry #2) by
               Simon Elkeles
17)39 Deaths of Adam Strand by Gregory Galloway
18)We are All Completely Besides Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler
19)Lola and The Boy Next Door (Anna and The French Kiss #2) by Stephenie Perkins
20)Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
21)The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
22)These Girls by Sarah Pekkanen
23)Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar
24)Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
25)The Delirium Stories (Hana, Annabel and Raven) by Lauren Oliver 
26)Wicked: Witch and Curse (Wicked #1) by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie



October 2015

The month where everyone gathers on social media and wakes the Green Day guy up. The month where I have my self-control back

Early of October


1)The Mime Order (The Bone Season #2) by Samantha Shannon


Mid of October


2) Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith

Since I have finished the first book,  A Cuckoo's Calling, I've been wanting to buy the second one. The third one just recently came out. Cant wait to start reading it!

Pheww, that was A LOT OF TYPING.

Total Number of Books Bought in 6 Months;


DRUMROLL PLEASE!



74 BOOKS!

I did not even realise until I've counted all of it and my TBR pile has grown bigger than ever. Sigh... 

Anyways, I've promised myself that I'm going to be in a book buying ban until my Birthday next year which is in the month of April. I hope that everything will go smoothly as planned. Bye guys, until the next post and I hope you guys enjoyed my post. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment